Monday 4 November 2013

Day #5 My Hometown


Day #5 My Hometown

Now technically I was born somewhere in west London - I can't think where to be honest with you but I do know that on Christmas Day two years ago I passed the site where the hospital was whilst driving back to Oxford - where I grew up and where I would classify to be my 'hometown'.

I lived in Oxford from the age of around 4 I believe and left when I was 22 to live in London, so I spent a majority of my childhood in Oxford.

We lived in a few areas over the years - initially on Walton Street above my dad's bike shop which is now a Loch Fyne restaurant. I went to St Barbabas first school which was just over the back gate of the shop and spent much of my childhood wondering around Jericho. 

We then moved to Botley when I was maybe 15 when my Dad got given a bigger shop in Cowley Rd (this was the point that Loch Fyne moved in!) and we were probably there for around 6/7 years. 

After that we moved to Stanford in the Vale which is where my parents are now - lovely little village not too far from Faringdon - bit like what you see in Hot Fuzz.

It was great living and growing up in Oxford - waiting outside Miss Selfridge as a kid waiting for my mates to turn up to wonder round the shops, getting the bus to school, St.Giles fair, wondering to go and pick conkers from the graveyard down the road, nights out with mates inuding a whole summer of going to The Bridge and waking up in Hog's house trying to piece together what happened and how we got home.

Oxford was a great place to be as a kid - lots to see and do - what was your hometown? Do you still live there?

J x

No comments:

Post a Comment